Welcome to Admissions
We’re parents ourselves, so we appreciate how difficult and daunting it can feel when you are choosing a school for your child. Choosing the right school is a crucial decision and we are here to help you at every step of the way. Please contact the Head of Admissions, Philippa Ireton on 020 7251 2284 or by email email@example.com if you have any questions about the process.
Key facts about joining Dallington School
- Most children join Dallington School in the Nursery classes, either at 3 or 4 years of age, and then stay until they are 11 years old.
- A founding ethos of our school (and very important to us) is our non-selective entry policy: there is no entry exam or assessment to join our school.
- We work on a first come, first served basis and can admit children, if we have space, into any of the year groups.
- Children may be registered (from birth) to start in our Nursery following their third birthday, at the beginning of either the Autumn Term (September), Spring Term (January) or Summer Term (April).
- Children registered for the Nursery classes are invited, three terms before entry, to spend an hour or two, with a parent, in the class to get to know the teachers and the environment. Offers are made after this visit.
- Once a place is secured in the Nursery, children automatically progress through the School until Year 6.
- If you are applying for a place in Years 1 to 6, we will invite your child to spend the day in their year group and we can get to know each other. Afterwards, we will discuss with you whether or not ours is the most appropriate setting for your child.
- Relocating families – Naturally we take a flexible approach to our Admissions process and will do our utmost to accommodate your situation and provide alternative ways for your family to experience our school.
Once your child has been registered, we will place their name on the entry list for that year and places will be offered 3 terms prior to entry. If your registration is made closer to the date of entry, an offer will be sent straight away.
Once you receive an offer of a place via email, the deadline for acceptance is 7 days after the offer date. Places are secured by completing the online forms which will then direct you to pay your deposit. Your child’s place is secured on the successful completion of all stages of this process.